Monday, January 19, 2015

Upgrade to bleeding edge version solved issue with Theano and Anaconda

I recently switched to using the python that comes with Anaconda (sidebar: is an Anaconda a kind of python? I would google it except, for the first time, I have the problem where googling search terms gets me the technical usage instead of the layperson one). Theano started hiccupping quite badly, both on my local Mac and on the linux server (I got different errors depending on the machine). In both cases, switching to the bleeding-edge version of theano (http://deeplearning.net/software/theano/install.html#bleeding-edge-install-instructions) made the problem go away. Googling the error on linux didn't turn up any solutions, so I am copying it here so the search engine fairy will index it:


 'Compilation failed (return status=1): /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lf77blas. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status. '

No comments:

Post a Comment